Monday, December 03, 2007

Party idea: Iron Bartender

My brother and I just got back from moving a truckload of stuff from NYC to Miami. Of the many odd conversations we had, we discussed throwing a party around something we like to call Iron Bartender.

Basically: Iron Chef with booze. You get 10 minutes and have to make 2 drinks with "surprise" ingredients that have nothing to do with cocktails and may not even be liquid.

I've seen examples of other people doing this, but with 2 liquors drawn out of a hat and at bars as opposed to in my backyard. I think that's weak, and I propose the following as good surprise ingredients:
- Egg whites
- Jupina/ironbeer/something hispanic
- Carrot juice
- Red onion
- Coconut milk (solid canned kind)
- Melted ice cream
- Nik-l-lips
- Powdered Gatorade
- Powdered kool aid
- International foods fancy Instant coffee
- esoteric stout beer

Judging would be done by a revolving panel. Asian man biting into a yellow pepper optional.

The main problem with this party is expense, as:
1. You'd need to have a fully stocked bar, which is to say an example from each alcohol group, mixers, and the esoteric stuff no one ever buys unless they have a specific drink in mind (like bitters, rimming salt, maraschinos, etc.)
2. Failures would be an undrinkable mess.

I think it'd be worth it in the end. Kira has suggested having guests bring the alcohol, which I think would work if you covered the cost of handles of the basics (rum, gin, vodka, whiskey) and had guests bring what else they could afford.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

this is why you need a "bar stocking party" which is much like a house warming party/welcome back to miami party. you have everyone bring a full bottle of liquor and/or mixer. even with having a party that night, you likely won't drink full bottles of everything, so you pretty much end up with a fully stocked bar.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Corpus Christi City Directory said...

Thanks for posting, definitely going to subscribe! See you on my reader. Please come visit my site Corpus Christi Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Plano City Directory said...

Hello, What enticed you to post this article. It was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for info on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site Plano Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Waco Texas said...

It is very interesting article and quite impressive and more informative and looking forward to read such article. Please come visit my site Waco Texas Business Directory when you got time.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous El Monte California said...

Since I’m new to blogging, these articles are greatly appreciated; very useful and informative blog and every body must visit this blog. Please come visit my site El Monte California Yellow Pages when you got time.

1:35 AM  
Blogger poll said...

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through. Please come visit my site Anaheim Business Directory when you got time.

11:51 AM  
Blogger poll said...

I am not really sure if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your great job is clearly identifed. I was wondering if you offer any subscription to your RSS feeds as I would be very interested and can’t find any link to subscribe here. Please come visit my site Bakersfield Business Directory when you got time.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous customer relationship management product said...

Great tips. I am new to business, trying to visit more business blogs for guides and tips.
You can be friends with me. I would love some feedback on my sitecontact management
when you got time. Thanks.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous digital asset management vendors said...

Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site dam digital asset
when you got time.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home