Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Today's random geeky observation

As one era of perenially sold out consumer gadgetry begins, another must end. To wit: I actually found a Wii in stock someplace today.

I will probably never own either but continue to lust after both. Both can only be used to waste time and for making friends jealous, neither can be justified as starting something new. Rationality and fetishism are at war, but the continued victory of rationality rests on the back of but two simple facts: I neither have 500$ nor a television set.

Back to pinball with me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

I actually camped for a Wii and got one for a friend. I'm going to wait until more time and a boyfriend who can appreciate it so he can baby sit me through horror games.

I know. Pathetic.

Yes, pinball would be fantastic if it didn't cost a billion thousand dollars for a machine.

It's now up to you, the interwebs and random profile look-ups, to keep me entertained.

8:37 PM  
Blogger krylonultraflat said...

250$ for a wii + a few controllers + a few games = about the same as the 400$ I spent on the pinball machine. Older ones are cheaper, and while I could justify shelling out 400$ on a childhood fantasy, I can't imagine plunking down 3 grand for something I know would eventually bore me and not make a great collectors item anyway.

I almost want to make a little chart outlining the pros and cons of wii vs. pinball, including the caveat that both are exceedingly fun while drunk.

and in terms of providing entertainment: I will do what I can!

9:41 PM  
Blogger poll said...

I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog.
Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often :)
Please come visit my site Lexington-Fayette Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

1:20 PM  
Blogger poll said...

Awesome! I have read a lot on this topic, but you definitely give it a good vibe. This is a great post. Will be back to read more! Please come visit my site Las Vegas Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home