Friday, May 18, 2007

Arduino

I have an Arduino microprocessor development board arriving in the mail today, so aside from pinball maintenance, this weekend will be filled with the sounds of programming (which really is just the ticky-tacking of a keyboard and the gurgling of cola leaving a can)

I've really wanted to fool around with an Arduino for a while, but really haven't had any reason to. Now, I'm looking into building my own pinball machine, a plot I will more clearly outline later.

In the meantime though, I'm super excited just about the idea of getting an LED to light up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger green_canary said...

I hope you don't consider this sacreligious, but I saw the most amazing furniture maker at this year's Baltimore Crafts Show who used old pinball machines. Their pieces were beautiful! http://www.maxwellsilverball.com

P.S. I love pinball! (I suck at it, but I love it!)

3:49 PM  
Blogger krylonultraflat said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous! Although you're right, totally sacriligeous :) Any pinball machine made pre-1973 IS fixable if you have the patience, and anything pretty enough to be turned into a table is probably pretty enough to be worth keeping.

I've seen a similar idea before (Instructables has tutorials on doing these yourself) but never executed so well!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home