Thursday, March 17, 2005

video game dorkitude

combine these three things

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

to make multitudes of these things

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

yeah this was elsewhere on the internet. I had the idea before I saw it, although I assembled it using pixelblocks which i realized were a) expensive b) expensive and c) a real bitch to put together.

this guy currently hangs in my window:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Once I saw that someone else had tried this with these beads, I smacked myself on the forehead for not remembering those lazy days at summer camp when I made octagonal keychains of jumbled colors that I was too lazy to sort.
Making these things made me realize why this is the penultimate camp activity; it keeps the campers quiet and focused for hours sifting through piles of beads to find that elusive shade of purple.

Speaking of colors, nearly 4 kits of beads later with endless hours of sorting and NOT A SINGLE RED ONE. 4 shades of pink, no red. What the hell? I can't make mario without red! I tried! He looks like gay pride mario!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

yeesh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Salmar said...

You're so right about Pixelblocks. Unless you're into pixelated 3-d sculpture, or you're going to reassemble your creations every week, fusion beads are way more cheap and durable.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Salmar said...

Oh, I agree that your mario is absolutely ghastly. Try buying a bigger bead set; they tend to have more/better colors.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home